Ever consider how many times you strike a key on your phone or keyboard each day? As I write, I am striking keys. I have never officially counted. It has got to be in the 1,000s with all the text messages, emails, social media post & comments, entries into Quickbooks, numbers input on spreadsheets etc. Imagine how much time I could save by reducing this number. Hmm…
For 2021, my challenge is to slash the number of keystrokes I hit each day by using automation as follows:
- FaceID and finger print for password entry
- Google AI autofill for emails
- Siri Voice to Text ( this one will be tricky at first)
- Connectivity in Quickbooks to auto sync bank accounts and credit card transactions.
- Alexa Voice for reminders and shopping list items
My hope is I cut my keystrokes, reduce my typographical errors (and my frustration level), improve my productivity and help me operate more efficiently.
What other suggestions do you have to slash your keystrokes in 2021?